Detailed Project Engineering
Detailed Project Engineering is the core service provided by our engineers’ as an integrated engineering service. Integrated engineering, by a multi disciplinary engineering team, is to ensure seamless integration of plant O&M needs (productivity, design duties) and engineering requirements for building up of plant.
With mechanical, electrical, instrumentation and civil/ structural engineering services along with process & raw material capabilities available under one roof and interlinked through a Local Area Network, the customer is assured of completion of engineering activities in the shortest possible time and without rework. Past experience with similar equipment and painstakingly created databases ensure a continuous supply of data, documents and drawings to the site for uninterrupted work.
- Prepare final layout and flow sheet based on the main machinery selected, with proper code.
- Review and approve data and drawings from suppliers.
- Prepare general arrangement drawings for ducting and chutes.
- Review & approve fabrication drawings (steel GAs) for all chutes, ducts. Belt conveyor galleries, trestles, short supports, foundations and transfer towers.
- Prepare steel GA’s for any interface areas, where required.
- Procurement Services - Mechanical Contractor.
- System design for power system, Earthing system and lightning protection system for the plant, based on the machinery selected, approved layout/ flow-sheet and to keep the capital and operating costs at the optimum level.
- Procurement Services – Electrical Equipment.
- Scrutinize the GA drawings, power and control schematics and design details for the equipment submitted by the suppliers.
- Prepare layout drawings and general arrangement with fixing detail for various electrical systems in the plant.
- Procurement Services - Electrical Contractor.
- Prepare control concept of the plant, identify number of control rooms, type of microprocessor controls, control loops for optimised operation of the plant, system architecture for central control based on latest programmable controllers available.
- Procurement Services - total C&I system as a single turnkey package.
- Scrutinise the GA drawings, control schematics, interface/inter-connection diagrams, I/O addresses etc submitted by the supplier.
- Prepare detailed design and schemes for various components of the C&I system for the entire plant.
Civil and Structural
- Prepare specifications for releasing to tenders for carrying out soil investigation and topographic survey work to the extent required. Supervise and evaluate soil investigation results and topographic survey carried out by independent external specialist agencies.
- Design foundations, buildings and structurals in conformity with the project engineering and general arrangement drawings for the process departments and material handling sections. Foundations will be designed on the load data provided by different suppliers of the machinery.
- The design of all duct supports, conveyor belt supports / foundations, bins and hoppers, stacks, stairs, platforms, railing etc shall form part of civil design scope.
- Prepare RCC working drawings to enable the civil contractor(s) to prepare bar bending schedule and execute the work at site.
- Prepare structural steel drawings (Steel GA’s only) “Good for fabrication” giving details of structural system, shape and size of members, splices details for the members to enable the fabricator to prepare shop floor details.
- Prepare schematic drawings for the plant services within the plant area such as Roads, drainage, Sanitary system etc.
- Procurement Services - Civil and structural Contractor.
- Provide requisite technical support for obtaining clearances from relevant statutory agencies /authorities.
|Instrument & Control Engineering
|Civil & Structural Engineering
Holtec’s mechanical, electrical, instrumentation & control and civil & structural engineering follows clearly established guidelines and practices aling with applicable statutory norms/ standards.
Holtec has an edge in providing this service as we have:
- Access to Holtec’s vast database for advance engineering and early lead of civil works construction drawings.
- Cross benefit from knowledge of different engineering standards & practices of global cement manufacturing players.
- Availability of integrated multi disciplinary engineering team under one roof.
- Streamlined co-ordination with one lead manager.
- Arresting omissions/ commissions at design stage.
- Cross benefits due to incorporation of solutions implemented in other projects with resultant benefit both for CAPEX as well as O&M.