Detailed Engineering Studies
Typically after finalization of project road alignment/ re-alignment, a Detailed Engineering Study is carried out. This is undertaken to finalize the improvement work required as per the Design Standards on the existing roads/ design of various components of the new road alignment.
Detailed Engineering Study covers:
- Finalization of Design Standards.
- Analysis of traffic data and forecast of traffic.
- Identification of homogenous links.
- Pavement (type) option study.
- Detailed design of road, pavement, high embankment and culverts.
- Detailed design of junctions, service road.
- Detailed design of bridges and structures including detailed General Arrangement Drawings.
- Detailed design of intersection, layouts.
- Traffic safety features, road furniture, road signs/ marking.
- Detailed drawings and technical specifications.
- Cost estimate.
- Economic analysis.
- Safety audit.
Detailed Engineering Study is used to prepare the Detailed Project Report which is further used for project execution/ implementation.